10.25.2005

10/2005 My $80 Haircut

I finally had my first haircut here in the US – an $80 haircut at one of the renowned NYC Salons, Bumble and Bumble – for FREE!

That’s right, FREE! That was because I was part of the Bb U (Bumble and Bumble University, not Binibining Universe hehehe!) Model Project. I was a hair model.

Dahil gusto kong masulit ang $30 ko, (which is the typical cost for a haircut with styling here), I didn’t just go to any salon. Because I had no girlfriend to recommend a good salon to me (much to my depression), I did my research on the best and biggest library there is (the internet).

That’s when I found Bumble and Bumble. I signed up online, told them about my hair type and after personally showing up at the salon, scheduled a haircut appointment about a month later. That day, I officially became a hair model for their “Long Layer Razor Class.”

On the day of my appointment, I learned that the stylists cutting our (marami kaming “models”) hair were professional stylists from all over the US who come to New York to train at the BbU. I had no worries about them messing up my hair, also because my stylist and I agreed on the length and style of my haircut and their mentors were there every step of the way.

The session lasted for about 2 hours. End result: happy! Ang ganda ng gupit ko eh! What’s more, libre! I didn’t even have to tip because as the cashier said, we’re doing the stylists a favor by allowing them to practice with our hair.

Bonga talaga si Lord – he did not just grant me a good haircut, but a free haircut FOREVER, or until I’m here in NYC and a hair model of the BbU. That’s a good $80 value every 2 months!

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger the red planet said...

wow! lucky you! naririnig ko yung "bumble and bumble" sa TV, yung sa mga make-over shows ba.

I wanna see the result of your haircut!!!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger meL said...

sige, pag napadala na nila yung "before and after" pix, papadala ko rin sa inyo. it's a great deal! :) next sched ko, jan 31 na. o diba? haha!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy, patingin pictures!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger meL said...

wala pa nga rin yung before and after pix from the salon eh. mukhang i will never get a copy of that anymore. oh well. sa next haircut na lang dala ako ng cam ko. hwehweh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home