9.05.2009

Anniversary Letter

*September 5, 2009

5 years. I can't believe it's been that long since we were last with you.

It all still feels like yesterday when we talked about everything, from the silliest jokes to more serious topics like God and politics. But even if I don’t get to hear you talking anymore, I still hear your voice in most things I do.

Because of you, I learned to love my country and see its beauty and potential in ways not a lot of Filipinos do. This love is one of the reasons we decided to come back and settle in our country someday -- because we know we can do more to help our countrymen there.

Because of you, I learned to appreciate little things and not take life for granted. You have taught me to be grateful of my blessings, to be humble and to love the simple life, not to be attached to money or power.

Because of you, I can't bear to be extravagant while ignoring how much poverty is around me.

You have inspired me to better the world by bringing out the entrepreneur in me, so I can create jobs to help feed the poor and educate the children.

Over the last 5 years, I've had many moments when I hoped you were here to give me your words of wisdom. I especially wish you could be present share your values to my son: your passion for our country, respect for women, your unwavering faith in God.

You are the most principled man I’ve ever known, and I am grateful for the influence you’ve had in my life. I can only wish my son and future kids will get to know you the way I did.

But even if they no longer have that chance, I will make sure they will know of their lolo whose life has inspired and touched so many lives.

I am really proud to be your daughter. I miss you, papa.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home