2.16.2007

40 Hours a Week

I read somewhere that full-time working people spend most of their waking hours with their co-workers. And because that is very true, I found that I had some realizations about the people with whom I spend my week.

There are a few people I can trust my life with: one Mexican-American, a couple Filipino-Americans, and an Irish who’s Indian-Chinese-Filipino-Korean-and-gay inside (she lived with these people all her childhood years). These are the people I can talk to about anything, and they’d never judge me or hate me – they’ll love me any way I am.

Then there are those who you just love to hate.

“Kung Ayaw Mo, Wag Mo!”
What do you do to those who ignore you and pretend you don’t exist?
a. throw them down the stairs
b. hire somebody to kill them
c. pull their nose hairs off one hair at a time
d. all of the above

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to do any of the above to that one person in my department who ignores me and is so rude to me, like I offended her in some way. I swear I never did anything to her. Nobody deserves to be treated like that – nobody like me who has gone out of my way to be nice and tolerant of everyone. She’s the fakest person I know, because in the presence of other people, she’s all sugary-nice to me, but when she’s alone and sees me along the hallways, she doesn’t even look at me or acknowledge my presence, the way any normal, civilized human being would. No look, much less a smile.

For the first few weeks that she was like that, I gave her the benefit of the doubt – that she didn’t know how to approach me because: 1. I’m a Filipino who didn’t grow up there, even if I speak perfect English, 2. I’m the new addition to their group, 3. she was insecure (because maybe I’m prettier and skinnier than her – and she has weight issues). But after giving it some time, she stayed the same rude way.

SO FREAKING WHAT?! I don’t care if she’s a racist (she only hung out with fellow white people who happen to be everyone else but another Mexican in the department – I’m the only Asian) or if she just made a decision not to be civil with me. My taray self that I have tried so long to suppress came out and ignored her right back. I didn’t give a sh*t whether she talked to me or not, looked at me or not, acknowledged me or not.

SO FREAKING WHAT?! I don’t care what you think, bit*h. I am a bit*h, too, even if most of you think I’m nice and “really sweet.” Don’t you dare provoke me because I can @$%@#$ fight you and I won’t @$%#$ back out!!!!

Buti na lang din, she left after a few months. Ayaw siguro ng Diyos na magtatalak ako in Tagalog. Hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home