11.17.2005

Baby Talk

Since we’re on the baby topic after my adorable nephew’s birth, let me announce that Nino and I are having our baby. Wait, wait, wait hindi pa tapos. I meant we’re having our baby, hopefully after June 23, 2008, to be exact.

Though Nino is an American citizen, he needs to be in the US for at least 5 years before his child automatically becomes a US citizen, even if the child is born outside of the States. June 2008 marks Nino’s 5-year stay in the USA.

That simply means gusto kong manganak sa Pilipinas but still keep our kid’s American citizenship (para walang hassle to go back and forth here).

After hearing mama’s stories about how Ate Anna, my sister-in-law, was showered with love and support from friends and family before, during and after giving birth, I got so jealous. I know I will yearn for that same love and support when it is my turn to have my baby.

Because of that, I know for a fact that I do not want to give birth here, not if I’ll miss the wonderful (and huge!) support group back home who will shower me with the same love and support Ate Anna received; and not if giving birth here would mean getting through my birthing pains without all of them.

So until 9 months before June 23, 2008, I hope my egg cells cooperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home