2.17.2007

7th Annual 21st Birthday

That's what I called my last birthday when I told co-workers that I just turned 21 (and they believe me). I had to follow up with the "7th annual" so they get that I'm not as young as they probably thought (the newbies still get shocked when I tell them I'm married). Sometimes I think I should've left them believing I was really JUST 21 (in a senior position, but that can either make me a genius or a kiss-as*).

My purple and pink cube

I arrived to a decorated cube with purple and pink crepe paper wrapped over my monitor, around my little back-support pillow and all the candies they gave me as their gift -- labor of love from my dear thoughtful friends.

Sailor Moon-ish tiaraMay "tiara" pa ko (that for some reason reminded me of Sailor Moon) that they made me wear because "birthday girls need to wear a tiara, or they're invisible." Sakay naman ako, so sige, suot ko sya buong hapon, hanggang sumakit na lang ang likod ng tenga ko (headband kasi siya).

The same friends treated me out to a nice Brazilian cafe for lunch (one of the best places on earth). Dito kasi, pag birthday mo, ikaw ang ililibre. Actually, I never really understood why sa atin, ikaw ang manlilibre. Then I remembered na dapat kasi may kapalit na gift ang libre mo - which hardly ever really happens... so bat nga ba tayo nanlilibre pag birthday natin? That was why I was always broke on Februarys when I was home (kasi di pa ko nakaka-recover from Christmas gastos pagdating ng birthday ko).

Dinner with Nino and Tito Ike followed after work at Marie Callender's with the best-tasting lemon-pepper salmon and cajun shrimp with mushroom sauce on rice pilaf and vegetables that I've ever had, complete with Banana Cream Pie for dessert which we had at home (we brought a whole pie home kasi sobrang busog na kami).

I'm surely gonna miss our annual Aquarians' birthday bash with my college friends and my family -- one of those things that I love and miss about February, as I told my co-worker -- but this will do for now. I still get the same love from family and great friends I've met here anyway (thank you po, Lord). Saka nakuha ko na ang gifts ko from our pre-aquarians' party before I left. Hehehe. Enjoyin ko na lang ang Nerds at Gobstoppers ko (at ang libre sa akin!) dito.

So to my fellow Feb celebrants, happy birthday to all of us!

3 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday melly mel! :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Ria said...

you should have lent me that tiara on my birthday. i so needed it!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger meL said...

aaww... that tiara did wonders for me on that day too. di bale, pag nagkita tayo, bigay ko na sya sayo. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home