4.09.2006

Goodbyes

Touring NYC with RosieRosie, my kumare from Summit now based in CA, left last Tuesday after staying with us for about 4 days. Ganda nga ng timing, because we brought her around the city, giving Nino and I a last thorough tour of the place we called home for over a year (for me). It was like our final chance to say goodbye to NYC.

We had goodbye dinners with my friends, Nino’s co-workers and Nino’s side of the family this week. They were all so sweet to be sending us off like they did, treating us out to dinner or bringing/cooking food and driving for over 2 hours just to meet us again for the last time, before we move to the west.


Guba-Bordador Family send-off
Gubas and Bordadors Dinner Send-off
Last dinner with Nino's co-workers
Last Dinner with Nino's Co-workers
Last dinner with Nino's co-workers
Last Lunch with Lallee

----------
And a few days ago, we had the weirdest weather ever (Wednesday ata). Sunny in See the HUGE snowflakes?the morning, rained a bit around noon, SNOWED in the afternoon and then went back to all sun. Mother Nature had her funniest mood swing. And the best thing about it was the snow – they were GIANT SNOWFLAKES!

I’ve never seen snowflakes as big as pasensya cookies. Eto ang huling hirit ng NYC sa amin– SNOW! And hindi basta snow. Snow fall with ga-higanteng snowflakes that lasted for only 5 minutes. What a send-off!

I never thought I’d say I’ll be sad to leave and say goodbye to New York. There are many things to love and miss about this place after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home