1.02.2006

01/2006 My Season Ender

My holiday season ended without a bang, literally.

No fireworks, no huge family with cousins and relatives, no kaka-bundat food, no lola’s hot chocolate during media noche (no media noche to begin with), no kwentuhan until we can’t keep our eyes open anymore. It was just nino and me.

Kaya naman di ko na napigilan ang iyak ko. Hindi sya yung simpleng iyak lang, ha, yung klase na falling tears, tapos sniff, sniff lang, parang sa mga soap opera na tutulo lang yung luha mo. Eto, NGAWA (kasi nasa loob lang ako ng bahay, unlike nung Christmas nasa church ako, ayoko ng crying in public, pangit ako pag umiiyak eh hehehe).

Me at RockefellerDespite having the worst case of homesickness, I tried to be positive and not end 2005 or start 2006 with tears. So we decided to have dinner out, take pictures in Rockefeller center, and even made an attempt to join the gazillion tourists and New Yorkers in the annual ball-drop in Times Square. But of course, asa pa kaming may mapupwestuhan kami, kaya umuwi na lang kami, thinking sa TV na lang kami manonood nung New Year countdown. We ended up falling asleep through it and woke up 12:03 na. We missed the 2006 countdown. Ganda.

Alice, Judy, Nino and me, NYC apartment, pre-drunk modeButi na lang, I had a very memorable pre-new year celebration with Nino and my 2 favorite friends here in New York, Alice and Judy. On the last Friday of the year, we had dinner at a nearby resto, hung out at our apartment till the wee hours of the morning and talked, laughed and drank until we can’t see straight anymore. That was probably the most fun we had for the entire season.

I don’t recall ever crying so much in a year in my whole 26 years of existence. But despite a tearful 2005, I’m still really thankful for the year that passed. 2005 has been a very challenging year for me but at the same time, it was a year full of growth, new experiences, new discoveries, new friends and even a newfound love and appreciation for my country, my home and all the little things I used to take for granted.

I am so excited for the next season of my life. There are so many things that can happen both here and at home to look forward to. I just can’t wait for it to begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home