7.07.2007

3 Months Later

*This post was written a couple weeks back, but never made it online until today...

06.15.2007

I blink my eyes, and 3 months pass. Ano ba, dumaan ba ako sa time warp?

What has gone on since my last post?

  • Relatives have come and gone (my lawyer tita and tito with 6-year-old cousin came to visit and stayed with us for almost a month for vacation and their oath-taking as lawyers in NY).
  • My childhood best friend, Chandra, has also come and gone – she stayed for over a week and is now semi-settled in Baltimore, MD as a resident in Sinai Hospital. Yes, she’s a doctor and I’m mighty proud.
  • We bought a house!!! But it’s not gonna be ready until maybe October (maybe even September) when they’re done building. It’s just a 2-bedroom, 2.5-bath townhouse (by .5, ibig sabihin powder room – para sa mga nagtataka kung ano ang kalahating banyo), very small but cozy. It even has a little space in the back we can call “yard” kahit na it’s just tiny enough to fit a few (2) chairs and maybe a barbecue. It’s brand new, so nino and I have the liberty to design our house, yun nga lang, mas maganda, mas mahal. I’ll post pics as soon as everything is in order.
  • We’re preparing to move out – tomorrow. We’re moving to a month-to-month lease apartment -- divorce na kami ni tito ike. He’s moving to a smaller, cheaper place, too, which is best for him. No matter how nice and spacious our current 3-BR apartment is, Nino and I have no need to keep that big of a place, much less that big of an expense. So we’re moving to a smaller 1-BR apartment temporarily, while we wait for our house to be buit. Tiis kami sa nakakatakot na lugar.
  • Nino found a job in UCLA Healthcare (kaya kami bibili ng bahay), and since his office is further than mine from our apartment and we only have one car, he drops me off first, drives to his office for 30 minutes and then picks me up after he’s off. The sad part is, I have a 7-hour workday (8AM to 4PM), he has 8 (8:30AM to 5:30PM). So that means, I’m stuck in the office from 4PM to whatever time he gets to my office to pick me up – that’s about 2 hours of waiting every. single. day. Actually, he has been leaving 30 minutes earlier since he started, only so that I won’t have to wait that long, but I still wait about 2 hours because of the traffic. But it’s not all that bad – I get to surf the net, read my magazines, find another job (mahabang kwento ito), go across the street to Borders (parang Powerbooks) and read my chismis (I did that for a while until creepy stalker-material guy showed up), or write blogs like this during my waiting time.

Unfortunately, I haven’t caught up on a lot of e-mails since the day I got about 178 unread mail in my Inbox (that was a couple months ago), and because blocked ang multiply at friendster sa office, I can’t catch up on happenings in family’s and friends’ lives. Bulok na nga ang mga pictures ko sa friendster.

So hopefully, after we’ve moved and settled to our new apartment, I can finally catch up again to present time and get my bearings back.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger rzfdtwr said...

It's been so long since you last posted, for a while I stopped visiting your blog na. Thus this late reply for this post.

Wow, a new house, huh? Does that mean you'll be based in the US forever na? Or, much preferred-ly, you'll stay longer in the US than you planned?

Anyways, I'll get back in the habit of visiting your blog henceforth :)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger meL said...

oo nga eh, mukhang habit ko ang magintay ng almost 3 months before i post again. ang dami kasing pinagkaka-abalahan, it gets overwhelming!

anyway new house means we have an investment here is all and that we're not wasting away our money on rent. so plans are still the same, hopefully in a few more years dyan na kami. :)

i hope not to disappoint you, pero i'll see how often i can post again. there's lots to kwento! miss u batch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home